Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Pcemaker Merdeka Relay - 30 Aug'09







As before the race itself, the organising team gave us the target to achieve top 5. It was realistic target, though we knew that 2 teams from Klang pacers, Jasni's team and Ronnie's team would be the favourite to be in top 5.

My team as usual powered with Suresh, Thurei (replaced with Vickneswaran, another powerful runner) and seasoned lady , Amutha.

When I arrived, I was looking for our lady runner, Amutha. But she was not seen, suddenly a old lady came to the timekeeper and asking for Amutha's team. As I was beside the timekeeper, I told her that Amutha is my teammate. Then she told me, Amutha couldn't make it as she was involved in a kursus, thus, this chinese lady will replace her.
I just wondered, wheter this old lady can really run or not. All my estimations were wrong. As the race started with the ladies goiing off first, the old lady got into the leading pack and was in 3rd place from midway onwards. I just got shocked. A senior veteran can really run. Now I understand, never ever, under estimates ladies.

When she passed the baton to our 2nd runner Suresh, we were in 3rd place, but 2 Klang Pacers just overtook him which brought our team to 5th placing. HWen the baton passed to Vicneswaran, he closed the gap between him and the 4th placing runner.

As I was waiting for him, I had my pressure in my legs. When I received the baton, my aim was just to overtake the 4th placing runner. He was just 100metres way from me. I just followed him at the back and overtook him within the 1st 400metres as it was hilly at the beggining. Then I just continued my race. I could feel that I was getting tired, but I pushed myself to ensure nobody overtakes me from behind.

When I was reaching last 300M, Suresh was there to cheer for me and he pressured me by saying "there's some1 behind you going to overtake". That increased my pace and the other runner, Vicky paced me till the finishing line.

Upon reaching the finishing line, I just sat down. The funny part, I started raining after that. Thank god, I finished my race before the rain.

We got trophy plus medal. The medal was superb, fantastic, marvelous. No other words to say. we pay RM30 and we got t-shirt, medal, trophy, food. What else you need. This is definetely better than Adidas KOTR or KLIM.

Only points for improvement would be the track itself, where, the route was very steep at the downhill and dangerous as there was a hut where the roof could hit runner head, if he didnt notices it.

My next run should be in Oct. Need to build up my strength as I would like to concentrate in 1500M for next year's IAFG n KL Open.

Our timing:
40'57 - Indian Pacemakers (4th Place)
10'31 > 10'31 - Lian Bee Hoon (F)
10'26 > 20'57 - Suresh, Pm47
09'51 > 30'48 - Vikneswaran s/o Rajan
10'09 > 40'57 - Meyyappa Manickam, Pm58

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how can u don't know who is lian bee hoon, she is faster than a lot youngster