Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Wild Wild Run - 8th Mar'09



I was aiming to perform better after disastorous experiences in 3 previous races.
It was relatively new track for me and I was in progress of gaining my fitness level back to shape. Started well by maintaining my pace and leaving the elite runners i.e Richard, "the Kenyan", Naresh, Jasni and Murali to lead the race.

It was cold for 1st 2 laps but still I could feel the tiredness. I took water at every lap except for the last. I aimed for 4th position in myucatefory as there 3 of the elite runners were in my category. Since the race started, I never allowed anyone from my category to overtake me. Even "Kuda tua" overtook me at 2nd last lap.

Thanks to Chen Kiat Hong, who paced me for the final lap. I felt staisfoed upon the race and moreover coming back with the trophy. Hope to do better in Bukit Jalil Race on 15th.

No comments: