Monday, March 2, 2009

KL Towerthon Challenge - 1 March'09

It was another chalenge for me to put up a good show after dissapointments in 2 consecutive run,Cross Country and City Run. However,m the saga continued, I started with 1st group along side with Ronnie, Naresh, Suresh, Stanley, Murali and the others. I was preety tired at beging itself for the 1.5km uphill run. I was exhausted when i reached the starting point of the staircase.
But I still continued. There were people ushering by saying, "You can do it", "Come On". I could run only for 1st 2 ploors, then I started walking. I was strugling from begining itself. But I just wanted to finish it off.

I realised that 1 floor equals to 4 levels of staircase. When there were only 2 more floors, I was happy, but ended up going for 8 levels of staircase. I saw my timing was 21:19. Way below expectation.

Bur the good news was, my team became 2nd runner up under corporate category. My teamates were Naresh, Guna, Murali and Jaya. We got RM200 each with a trophy, finisher medal and position medal.

The bad part was the hampers where, they only awarded us 2 hampers where actually we were suppose to get each one hamper. when we asked the officials of TM, they said its only 2 hamper per team. In actual story, they wanted to smuggle 3 other hampers. When we asked them, the F***ing lady said " Saya malas nak cakap lagi". Typical habit of goverment staff. For me, its just a donation for them.

Whatever, its a cash winning moment after a long time. Im looking forward to do better in "Zoo Negara" Race on 8th March.

No comments: