Monday, December 1, 2014

NM Galaxy Run Part 4 - 30Nov'14

This was my 1st half marathon for the year. I didn't had much mileage after Penang Bridge Run. Thus I just took it as my practise ground for LSD.

I had so much hopes for the event, but they never learnt from their previous 3 series.

The disaster was:

1. No water station from km5 to km13. No marshals at this route too.
2. No medical aid personnel along the route
3. No distance markers
4. certificate was half of A4 size with poor paper quality
5. No water station setup after finishing lane
6. No lights at the starting point
7. no adequate finisher medals 
8. Only 4 water stations (suppose to be 6)

The organizer apologized and declared wont be organising the event for 2015.

The route was good, but because of above disaster, it became a mental torture. I was at the front pack, as I don't want to miss out the medal. I know, I would go bust if I run alone, so I paced few runners from behind.

It was all doing good, before reaching 8km. We went into oil palm estate, which was quiet, and sun started to rise. Thats where I started to dehydrate and started to look for water. That made me to loose focus, and cramps started to pinch my knee, stomach and calf.

That really slowed my pace and let atleast 7 to 8 runners overtake me. After reaching the 3rd water station, took a 2 minute break to hydrate myself, then continued my race.

Upon reaching the last km, I started seeing cars parked at long stretch, so I knew finishing is around the corner. With the pain, I just pushed myself and went to finishing lane. 

Good thing was, there were people whom have seen me and knew I was running since 1st series. I was good catch up with them, especially, 2nd place winner in women veteran category, Jacqueline Sarah. Feel humbled and that motivated me to run more.

My season finale will be Twincity, 21km. Hope this round wont be screwed.










No comments: