Thursday, August 14, 2014

NM Galaxy Run Part 3


This is my 1st run after Raya Break. I wanted to take it easy, so I wear my speck and run. Initially my plan was to run with my rudy project but they started at 5am. As the race started on time, I started from the 4th row, so wasnt much hasle to move to leading group.

After 2km, I went for a pit stop break for 20 seconds. Thereafter I continued and overtook whomever overtook me during the break. The pace was fast during the 1st 5km, therefatre the group broke and the gaps widened.

There was a U turn as we could see the leading runner at the beginning, but therafter it was blocked by divider, thus there wasnt much mental block for me.

Every 3km was water station and I just grabbed it rather than stopping there. There was a distance marker at 9km and 15km. Thus, I didnt know at which stage I was. To make it worse, last 3km was crowded with 5km and 10km runners. Therefore, I had to run faster to avoid them to jam up the route.

The initial 10km was flat with slight hills, but last 6km has hilly routes which separated the front runners. The guy in fron of me was atleast 300M and guy behind me was 50M. When I saw the junction to Bkt Jalil, I knew it was just last 500M, so I spinted till finishing.

I knew I was in top50, but when I the official results, I was supprised being in top14.

After the race, there was no breakfast. Only banana, malta, milo and water. Perhaps more stuff for the 4th series.

No comments: