Monday, April 29, 2013

World Kidney Day Run - 28 April

Putrajaya is always known for it's challenges/uniqueness. I ran in that route 3 years ago for the Shape Run. I knew it's going to be hilly cum humid for the race.

This time, I ensured, I have properly warmed up and stretch myself to ensure no breakout in between. I manage to statrt the race from the 4th. Thus, it was easy start for me, where I manage to breakout from the slow runners.

As the race went on, I pushed the 1st 1 km so that can avoid the big pelathon at the back. As usual, come to the hills, it slowed don my pace, but mnage to catch up during the down hill. There were at least 5 water stations, which I would say more than enough. Furthermore, I only drinks twice in a 12km race. But looking at the humidity, I drink at every water station.

As the race started at 7.30am, towards half way, the sun started striking on my face. Perhaps, it could have started at 7am.

There were distance marker at every km, which gave us good indicators. Towards, final 4km, there were 2 runners whom were pacing each other. Thus, I used the opportunity to keep up with the pace.

As usual, going towards the final 200M, I sprinted to the max that I could till the finishing lane.

Finally manage to achieve 41 placing with timing of 1:01.15. Need to work hard to break the 1 hour mark.

2 comments:

ccs said...

Where you got the placing & time?

Forza Meyya said...

The placing was given by the officials at the finishing lane. Timing was my hand time.