Friday, April 12, 2013

Malaysia Women Marathon - 7 April 2013

It's my first ever 21 km for the year and 1st long race after KL marathon last year. I have been running occasionally with my running buddy Veronica. Thus, one particular day she asked me if I could be pacer for her for this race.

I told her I'm fine, so long there are some goodies, as I'm also paying the same registration fee as she pays. The added bonus was, I was also appeared in newspaper (refer to next posting).

As we started the race, we went slow, as it was her first race after a year too. As we reached the 10km, i took the race differently , where i asked her to run first after the water station. After a minute rest, I sprinted to catch up with her. I did that like four times.

towards last 2km, she told me that her knee was aching, we just walked and jogged. just 200M before the finishing line, she told me, "Meyya, can you hold my hands and get me to finishing line". I just hold her hand and said, "dont worry I'm with you. You can do it.."

Finally we finished the race and it was a complete satisfaction for both of us.

We finished 2:28 with her placing of 39 in her category.

I'm really glad that I paced her to the finishing line. My next race will be KL 10km.





No comments: