Monday, November 5, 2012

Great Eastern Run - 4 Nov'12

I took part in this run to test if my calf still aches. Though my fitness level is not up to the expected level, it was a warm up race for me to prepare for upcoming year.

I knew the route will be tough with few slopes. I went to starting lane 15 minutes before the race, and I could see the parade for more than 100M. I pushed myself through the crowed and reduced the gap to 20M to the starting line.

Upon flag off, it took me 35 seconds to reach the starting line. Then, another 2 minutes to get out from the group. It's all because, these people were walking and not running. Damn, if walk, just go to lake gardens lah!!!

Throughout the race, we went through slope for at least 6 times. I never slowed down, neither increased the pace. Upon reaching the U-Turn at Hartamas, I knew there's only 3km for the finishing. So I tried to overtake few runners in front of me. By overtaking them, my pace increased.

Upon reaching MATRADE building, I saw 4 more runners in front of me. It's do or die battle. I wanted strong finishing. I just sprinted last 20 metres to finishing and overtook 5 runners.

My timing was 1:01. A good start after long break.

There were adequate water stations. Perhaps, the starting could have been held outside so that, the road could be wider than longer.

No comments: