Thursday, December 15, 2011

Step Down/Backout if your UNFIT

During my 1st year in university, the road runners team were offered to take part in Penang Road Relay. The team was consist of 15 runners, including 3 reserves.

Of course, I was selected in the team, however, I just recovered from my injury after hectic season. Thus, the coach put me as reserve. I had to admit that I was unfit at that moment compare to the rest. So I decided took a drastic decision to come out from the team, and give another runner a chance to be in the team. The coach saluted my decision.

But I told the whole team and my coach that I will be back next season. As promised I started training and finally got podium finishing in following season for Malaysian University Sports Championship.

What I wanted to say is:

1. If you feel you are unfit for the task, just come out and get more training and exposure, so that you can perform to the expected level.

2. Just admit your weakness and humbly apologise for your downturn, but have courage and promise yourself to improve it in future.

Finally, should you face challenges / problem, try your level best to resolve it or minimise it, rather than putting in more oil to the fire and making the problem bigger. In order to do that, remove your "egoism".

1 comment:

Anam said...

Nice Post.Keep Shairng These Types Of Post
________________________________________________
Hello Blogger User I have a Good News For All of You The First Youtube Video Design Templete For Blogger has Been Lanched Now You
Can SHare Your Personal Family Vodeos With Your Friends And Family Via Blogger.

Demo Of this Design >>>>> Pak U tube beautiful Video Site Is hosted On blogger
This IS the 1st Video Design Template For Blogger
------------
Pakistani Tv Comedy Shows
------------
Hum Sab Umeed Say Hain Latest
------------
Khabar Naak
------------