Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Pacemakers Aniversary Run 7 - 14 Aug'11



This is my 3rd shot taking part in the event. After going into the medal position for the last 2 years, I wanted to ensure we maintain the momentum. Thus, I choose Sheila (my campus mate whom use to run with me in Uni days). As Thurei was not fit, I took Ghejan who is on form now and since Suresh was preparing for his marriage, thus I had no other choice but to go for Selvaganesh (active marathon runner in Singapore races).


Ronnie already putting pressure on me by saying that we have Sheila and we need to do good to get into top 6 for trophy finishing. Furthermore, I started training from 2 weeks ago after break from the KL marathon.


When the race started, Sheila paced well and proved her power by finishing 2nd place and passed the baton to Ghejan. The challenge for him was to run with great runner like Jasni, Richard and Murali. But he didn't disappoint us by finishing the race at 3rd place.


Therefore, my confident was still there that we can still finish within the top 6 position. When Selvaganesh started the race, I thought he will maintain or at least finish the race at 4th position. But at the end, he came at 6th placing and the 7th placing was just behind him.


When I took over the baton, just after 200M, the 7th placing guy overtook me as he was one of the great runner too. Thus, I maintained my position till the finishing. I tried pushing and was assisted by Sheila and Ghejan at the end but I could do any better.


What a agony ! We started strong and ended in a misery. I told my apologies to the team. But I promised to come back stronger next year.

No comments: