Saturday, August 27, 2011

I LOST to him AGAIN !

Damn, I lost to Dennis Wee again in both the contest (Humorous Speech & Evaluation contest) in today's Area B1 contest.
I thought I gave him a good fight for evaluation but dont know what happened. I knew he dramatised the speech that caught the audience. But how far can he go with such drmatisation without a proper message.

I was the 2nd speaker today for both the contest. However, the 1st speaker from UNITAR pulled out for humorous speech contest, so indirectly I had to take the stage 1st. When I started, it suppossed to be humorous, but, nobody laughed and that made me to be scared. Maybe I was in tension before the contest.

I tried my level best to get laughters and but still had some disatisfaction. It could be either due to lack of practise and overtensed.

When Dennis came in to speak as 3rd speaker, I went out of the room as I didn't was to loose my focus. I didn't asked for any evaluation from others as I was focusing on my evaluation.

Came evaluation contest, the test speaker was horrible that I didn't knew how to evaluate him. As I walked in towards the stage for my presentation, I had some confidence, yet still have tension.

Then the results time. I knew, if I was not disqualified, I will for sure finish in top 2.

The results was announced and I got 2nd place for both the contest and Dennis won both. Damn...

It's ok, I still have International speech and Table Topics next year. If I still loose it, damn, then I should just take a break for a while.

Apart from it, today's contest is also a bit screwed.

1. Water finished before the break itself. Looks like they just ordered exactly as per the headcount.
2. No proper signage at the venue until I had to asked the security guard.
3. Quarantine area was outside at corridor and no proper sitting area or quiet area.
4. I had to call the area governor to confirm the date of the contest on last wednesday as there were no info abt it at all by the AG.
5. The deputy AG was very casual in dressing rather than to be in proper dressing.
6. We didnt had writing pad and AG gave us magazine to use it as pad.
7. The AG didnt communicate to the Contest Chair on the contest forms. She even asked Contest chairs to find out the contestants name on their own rather than she providing it.

Looks like our AG has a lot more to learn.


No comments: