Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Division B International Speech Contest 2011

My plan was to go to Division Contest this year and I have already achieved it. Analysing my contenders, Nicole Choe (phoenix-Area B5) was the favorite and there were 3 rookies whom are NorLida (Shah Alam-Area B4), Wan Sayuti (Penapisan-Area B3) and Wen May (Indrahana-Area B2).

It was drizzling all the way till the venue. I took it as prosper. Then the draw went on, and I got number 5. Good that, I could witness others before I speak.

Upon commencement of the contest, Norlida, Nicole (with the speech of "The Push"), She had the body gesture with the dance and 3 stories. From there I knew she will be the person to beat.

When came my turn, I just took deep breath, started off with the speech. Time to time, I can hear the laughter, which shows that they are engage and engross with my speech.

Once I completed my speech, I received a thunderous applause. After that was the break and a lot of them said that they were inspired and touched by the speech. From there I knew top 2 is in my hand.

Then came the price giving ceremony. My heart was beating fast. I was worried if I exceeded the time. But then, they announced that there were no time disqualification.

3rd place goes to Wen May. My heart started to beat even faster. Then 2nd place.........Nicole Choe!!! Victor Ong and many others has started to show me thumbs up.

And the winner is......................Meyyappa Manickam. Pheww....I made it. It was my aim to go to District Contest and it happened now.

Now, I'm going into champions league where I may face contestants like Stephen Fernando, Shanker K. and Dr Asha.

Here I come Penang...

No comments: