Sunday, March 13, 2011

Bareno Run - 13 Mar

It's my 1st race for the year. Though I was focusing on marathon for the year, but I wanted to give myself a boost and not to push with a long race for beginning.

Thus, I signed up for 5km. Furthermore, I got num 4 last year. I thought, I can maintain the similar position. All that were dashed when I saw Jasni, Chen Pong Pong and some Klang Pacers taking part in the event.

When the race started, a group of them, just sprinted and break away from us. Though the trophy was till 10th but at one point of time I thought, I was out of contention.

I could not reduce the pace as the other runners were behind me. I only slowed at the final hills which was at LRT station which was only 1km to finish.

I knew the route, thus, when got passed the station, I push (d myself and made it to the finishing lane.

They gave me 9th position, pheww..finally. with timing of 22.33

But I noted that:

1. The race started at 6.35am (suppose to be 6.50am)
2. No proper marshals especially at the turning after LRT station
3. The water station was too small to cater for 10km and 5km
4. Ribbon distribution was not improper.

Now training for Energizer Night race.

No comments: