Sunday, May 16, 2010

Ekiden Relay - May 16

My first experience taking part in this tournament. Though it's a relay, we dont use baton but a riben. Despite my demotivating work schedule, I still manage to steal some time for my training after the bomba run.

Moreover, our main runners Thurei and Amutha pulled out in last moment which made us to replace with Jeya and Thiba from Klang Pacers whom are just regaining their fitness.

I was third runner. The bus which bring us to the starting point screwed up by going around. Luckily manage to go to the place before the race starts. When I started warming up, the time was already 8.25am. It was hot and felt like running in oven. Should have started early.

As I saw Naresh was passing by at the 1st placing, then goes 2nd, 3rd. I was just waiting for Suresh as he is strugling with his knee injury. Finally he came fighting with 8th placing. The 7th placing was just infront of me. I just overtook that runner and went on. I couldnt see anyone in front of me and behind me. The road was moderate with slight hill and flat mostly. Of course running under the hot sun was killing.

While I was running, I saw a flyover turning to right and I thought that would slow down my run. When I was attempting it, I heard the official voices and people clapping. Then I realise I was reaching the finishing line as after the flyover.

I just pushed myself toill the finishing line and passed the riben to Jeya. Afetr taking some rest, walked to the central point ro collect medal and realised that my team was placed 9th. I didnt bother about the placing. Something made me happy was the medal which looked like crystal.

I just wonder that my pace is slowing down and only way to overcome it is by joining the team/group training so that I will regain my full fitness.

Hope I can do better at SP Setia Run.

No comments: