Sunday, April 25, 2010

Jogathon Warisan aka Larian Kubur 25 Apr'10

After lapse of 3weeks without any tournament, and busy with work schedule for past 2 weeks with last week getting sick, was really disastrous for me. I had to regain my confidence by taking part in any tournament. As Subang Jaya run was postponed and Bidor run is pretty far, thus I made up my mind to take part in this tournament.

I have heard that it is a challenging race, but didn't know until I really ran through the path. as the race started, I got stuck in the crowd. Manage to come out of it after 500M. The path was narrow as it could only accommodate 4 runners at a time. Luckily I escaped with the front group.

As 1km past, there was an uphill where we were in the cemetery. Then we came out to main road to go into another cemetery and that's where the real challenge started. The whole path was hilly as the downhill was also steep. I followed Chen Pong Pong at beginning, but half way pass through, he broke away from me. The run covered the whole cemetry.

The hot sun started striking on my head as it was around 8.15am. Felt really thirsty with that kind of route. But I didn't walk and maintained my running tempo as it might demoralise me. I knew that I was in top20.

The finishing was uphill too, going towards the start line. That made my runners behind me to slowdown and I pushed till the end. My timing was 52:35.95 for 14th position.

The bad part:
1. No water station. Only 100+ at 7th km.
2. Pay RM15, but just got 1 bottle of mineral water, 1 bun and 1 T-shirt.
3. Running with their t-shirt was uncomfortable. Could just asked us to wear it during prize giving.
4. The prize giving was damn late. They had stupid shows which bored us.

Overall, good training for me to test my fitness.

No comments: