Sunday, November 15, 2009

Klang Pacer 12km Run - 15 Nov'09

After last week' dismal performance, I wanted to do something better this time. This is my 2nd ever race in Klang. I dont really know the place. I manage to get confirmation of the place from Ronnie and Naresh before I leave the house. When I reached Jalan Tengku Kelana, I couldn't see any stadium. Maybe they didnt switch on the lights, thus I went to the Police Station. The Idiotic policeman told me "Saya tak tahulah encik". I got pist off and luckily the BOMBA station was just beside. So I got to know the place and got there at 6.15am.

Upon flag off, I went on my own pace without bothering the rest. I slowly picked up my pace after 4km where I was pacing the Klang Pacer boys. When I reached 7km, I saw my fren Sri was infront. So I just paced him till 10km. Upon that, he got tired, so I just paced the runners in front of me and manage to overtake 3 people at final 300metres.

The road was flat except at GH slope. There were no "Uturn"s, which didnt distract our concentrations. The water station was at 2 places, 6km and 9km. They could have placed it at 4th km and 9thkm. But they really wanted us to go tru the Klang Pacer office.

I crossed the line with timing of 54:45.13 and placed 28th. This was defineetly better than what I expected, since I was lacking of training and sleep nowadays. It's time to buck up, and this the time to perform. Will start preparing for the Biathlon on 13th Dec.

No comments: