Sunday, November 8, 2009

KDU 1 Malaysia Charity Run

After lapse of 3 weeks I'm running in this competition. Although I was just training for 5km, this tournament was a good tournament to show whats my fitness level.

Ronnie called me and I agreed for it since it's just 5km. Then he said that there will be 4 of us in the team which will be Ronnie, Stanley, Wern Tien and myself. I taught it's going to be a relay. Then I realised it's going to be mass start, and they will calculate the average timing.

There were only four teams in our category and Pacemakers send 2 teams including my team. The flag off suppose to be at 7am but they started damn late at 8.15pm. They dragged the event by having Taekwondo show, senamrobik and speeches.

Upon flagging off, Ronnie started the pace and lead the racing pack followed by Stanley, wern Tien and myself. I paced them till the midway point.

Suddenly the drama started. I started having ache at both my calf. It's like pulling me and I was feeling that it could burst. This made me to slow but couldn't slow that much as the next team which is Pacemakers Team 2 lead by Chen Pong Pong was just meters behind me.

I just told my self that I'm not going to quit and paced behind stanley by 50M behind. Though the sun was striking but, it didn't stop us from finishing with a bang.

When I saw the finishing line, I just pushed myself and went to Red Cross straight for treatment.

During the price giving ceremony, the individual runners were getting Champagne bottle (Halal one), but we didn't receive anything since we are in the team event. Damn, I told the organising committee person, that we also worked equally hard as the other runners.

When we received the medal, It remembered me my school medal which is in plastic and ribbon strap. Damn, really cheapskate medal although I paid RM25.

No proper drinks or refreshments. Whatever, I finally received the bottle of champagne after tough argument with the organising committee.

Now I have to get prepared for the Klang 12km run on 15Nov.
Official results yet to be announced by Ronnie.

No comments: