Sunday, January 4, 2009

30km Run - 3 Jan'09

First long run for new year after Network Run. I just wanted to test out my comfortibility on running 30km.

As we started, Poh Chye and Ronnie broke from the pelathon and went on their own pace from Bank Negara. Me, daniel tan, Farid were together till Stadium. Then it was only me and farid. During the 3 loops, Farid was making use of his advantage as King of Hill by speeding up. I just tried to maintain the pace behind him.

Upon the first water stop, me and farid continued the race, but he couldnt sustain the speed and left me alone from Hartamas Square onwards. I was running alone for merely 60% of th distance. It was difficult beacuse nobody to pace with me. Anyway, I continued for 2nd water stop and took a "Power Gel". That kept me from being hunger.

While reaching Tijani, Stanley was waiting with the water, however, I didnt stop because I had the water bottle in my hand. So I just continued till the finishing line.

It was an achievement for me beacuse, I stoped only twice along 30km. hope I will only stop once for 3ok GE Run. I'm ready for the race. Timing: 2:44:33.

2 comments:

Kenny said...

Hi Bro , . Didn't know you had a blog . Now i know your other name is Forza !

Forza Meyya said...

I just started blogging with inspiration from pacemakers.