Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Popular speaker witnessing/honoring my session

While I'm used to give talks/presentation since 2005 to Toastmasters group, but in 2007, was my major breakthrough, where I had change to speak to non-toastmasters group, which had mixture of adults and youngsters from various profession and background.

On the same day I was given the honour to participate in a debate,where my teammate was 1 of the local tamil celebrity, Karu Karthik. The judge was Prof. Chitsabessan. Then I never knew much about him but thereafter, I got to know that he's one of the sought of speaker in Tamil Nadu and around the world for Tamil speaking community.

Towards end of the debate, he specifically mentioned my name and said "you gave a good speech in the morning. I wish you more success in coming years".

8 years later, it became like a turning point where I became the District Champion, followed by opportunities as moderator and panel speaker at events.

In addition, it progressed well, when I was also approached to become speech coach for international working adults and students.

The MCO, made me to upgrade myself to be a virtual speaker, where I hosted series of talks. The previous Sunday, I had speaker from Melbourne, Australia, whom spoke about managing millennial. Co-incidentally, the speaker happened to be the grandson of Chitsabessan, and he witnessed the session.

OMG...For a while I feel like floating....

What goes around comes around. Should you plant hardwork and honesty, 1 day it will flourish and give it back to you. 


No comments: