Monday, October 21, 2013

Putrajaya Night Marathon - 19 Oct'13




It's my first night race and 2nd half marathon for the year. Running in Putrajaya is always know for it's uphill task and humidity. I was there 2 hours before the race so that I could acclamatyse with the place.

My aim was to complete it with decent timing. As the race started on time, I was at the 5th row. Thus, when race started I manage to run and get out from the slow running group.

It was good that I drizzled at the beginning of the race and also at 8km. But that drizzle could not help to reduce the humidity. There were adequate water station and they gave banana at middle point. Perhaps Power Gel would have been better.

I really salute the marathon runners whom took the courage to finish the race although it was already past midnight. At every km after 10thkm. there were distance markers.

As I reached last 3km, my leg started to become heavy, and I had to slow down. Many runners overtook me, but I was not bothered as I just wanted to complete the race. Finally I saw the finishing lane, but couldn't realise it was so near, until I finished it.

Just after I finished the race, went to take my medal, followed by water station, t-shit, snacks and finally my bag. Thereafter I went back home.

Next race will be 2XU for 21km also.

No comments: