Tuesday, March 19, 2013

KEC Community Run - 17 March'13

This was my first race for the year. Though I have ran in Klang before, but the route was a bit different from other races. I reached the place 1 hour before the race starts. Thus, I had adequate time for warm up and stretching.

However, the race started 10 minutes late after the aerobic exercise. As the race started, I went on slow pace but got out from the slow runners group. As distance pass by, I tried to increase my pace and started to overtake few runners in front of me.

There were 2 water station, which I felt was adequate for 10km race, furthermore it was only 10km. Perhaps, they could have waters too, rather than 100plus only.

There were 2 slopes, and the tougher one was towards the ending (final 3km), where I though we were about to finish the race but we merely pass by the entrance of KEC club and made U-turn for another stretch.

As I reached the final 2km, I saw a boy was walking. He told me he was having stomachache. I just told him to continue running slowly rather than walking. Thus he followed me and picked the pace towards the finishing line.

My timing was 47:03 with top 20 placing.

Next race will be Woman's Marathon on April 7 where I will be pacing a hot lady....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How do you know your ranking?