Friday, September 23, 2011

RAT RACE - 20 Sept

It's my fourth edition. I wanted to keep myself cool as I didn't had any mental support / encouragement from my firm. Furthermore, I was busy on that day wrapping up a report and chasing for documents.

When I reach at the venue, my teamates were not there and I had to take care of their goddie bag. They only reach at 4pm and the race is at 5pm. We had to take picture, warm up and put on our bib. Damn, and nobody wanted to take care / transfer the bag from one point to another.

All this even made me more stress. At 1 point of time, I didn't bother and just gave my bag to my junior and started my warm up and went to the starting lane.

There were no countdown, and the gun was shot. The runners ran like the building was in fire. I was in the front pack, which was lead by the bankers. The wheter wasn't humid and was drizling but I still carried water.

Upon reaching Jalan P.Ramlee, I was getting exhausted and just maintained my pace. There was watre station at KLCC and upon that it was my office building and glad that my office people were there to cheer for including my bosses.

That gave me a motivation to run but then when I reached Changkat Raja Chulan, it was up hill and I was slowing down.

After Menara Weld, I knew it's the finishing and I could not slow down as there were people following me behind. I saw a guy wom was just 20Metres, so I sprinted and overtook him and he was still chasing me but reaching Bursa hill he slowed down and I cross the finishing lane.

The race was competitive and I could feel that I ran fast but my timing was 20:28 with position of 14 in my category and 23 overall.

Damn, will try to dip below 20minutes in future race.

No comments: