Sunday, July 31, 2011

Admiral 5A Charity Run - 31 July

After lapse of 1 month, it's my 1st tournament after KL Marathon. I had to sell of my bib for Shape Night as I didn't had much training. Thus, I won't have enough recovery for today's run.

Though I didn't set any target for today's run but my main aim was to get back my momentum. I targeted a modest finishing of top40.

When the race started, I was in the front pack. Then moved on with my pace. At 2nd km, there was a flyover and that separated the faster group from us. Upon the flyover, the route was flat and I knew there will be a U-Turn which marks half way point.

Reaching towards the U-Turn, I started to see runners at opposite direction whom were ahead of me. From there I estimated my position was 19th. Upon U-Turn, I took the drink and increased my pace. I followed Stanley from 2nd km onwards and manage to overtake him at the 6th km.

There after, I never turned back and never allowed anyone to overtake me. When I saw the runners whom were behind me and added with 5km category runners boosted my pace and increased my running speed.

The finishing 1km was challenging as we had to go through the Klang Park which was hilly and upon coming down from the hill, I sprinted together with 5km category guy to the finishing lane.

My placing was 13th with timing of 44:34.24.

A decent finishing though if I pushed more I could have got into top10 with a trophy.

My next race will be the Pacemakers Relay. Hope to sustain my prior year achievement.

No comments: