Friday, June 24, 2011

Time to heel the Wound

It was two years ago, when I took part in my 1st marathon. I targeted to dip below 4 hours and it was all going on well till the final 10km where I struggled to the finishing lane and made a modest timing of 4:02.

Yet, it was still an achievement as a virgin marathoner. Now, it's time for me to realise my target to dip below 4 hours again. My preparation is definitely better compared to 2 years ago as for the long distance running. Furthermore, I skipped most of the road races to concentrate on this event.

Though I was bugged by my job, I still manage to steal sometime during weekdays to practice my runs and to ensure I have adequate mileage for the week.

To add the pressure, Ronnie (Captain of my running group) has put me as a pacer for 4 hours. It was definitely a great recognition for me to lead the other runners to realise their target and dream. With the publicity and promotions that I received, it even added pressure to ensure I meet the target timing of 4 hours.

I'm now on course to do my best and achieve my target.

Furthermore, I want to heal the wound which I got it through my speech contest last month where I was disqualified. In addition, my boss told me (doubt my potential) wheter I can finish within 4 hours.

Just One answer, " My leg will speak on 26 June".

No comments: