Saturday, June 5, 2010

SP Setia Eco Run - 5 June'10

I ran 21km in 2009 bt only took up 4.5km this year as I didnt wanted to disturb my pace for upcoming IAFG games.

I targeted to finish within top 5 as the prizes were not that attractive, which I tought professional runners wont take part. But all my expectation went to smoke when I saw juniors of Arulthevar there. But it's alright, life goes on.

The race started and as usual, everyone ran as if there's fire. Slowly, one by one backed out and I increased my pace. I managed to gent into top 10 at 500M itself. Th rout was flat except for one flyover. The weather was cooling as it was about to rain.

While im running, I saw Kei Ming was going fast at beginning, but as usual slowdown after a km. I overtook him and just followed the pace of 2 other runners in front of me. However, their gas also finished after 2km.

This made me to run alone for the next half of the race as the front pack just vanished. When I dade the final turn, I saw Arulthevar leading the 10km category and he was just picking up his pace. He just increased his speed as if he was running 100M. Then only I realise that Im reaching the finishing lane.

Once I saw the SP mSetia builsing, I knew Im just 500M away from the finishing lane. Just pushed myself and managed to finish at 7th placing. Timing was 21:26. Satisfied with the run.

Nex task is for KL Marathon where Im taking part in 21km.

No comments: