Thursday, February 25, 2010

Finally, The Accountants' Meeting is over

After 4 consecutive years of having the meeting, this year we decided to invite PWC,KPMG and EY.

I took up the challenge as the organising chair. I appointed the club Presidents as my organising team members. Everything was going on smoothly, till 1st warning appeared where Ananda resigned as President of EY and "R Factor" took over from January'2010. Yet, Ananda allocated his responsibility to Tess Lau, the committee Member.

I taught everything will go on smoothly, but on 15th Feb, the "R Factor" called me and started to make fuss. His remarks:
1. I'm instructing you to amend the agenda and I want to see it tomorrow
2. I want TME role
3. I know everything. No need to teach me.

I was like " What the F***".

The the call followed by stupid email from him which was CC'ed to all other presidents and Division Governor.
His remarks were:
- Cost of food has to be allocated to each club
- I didn't do a good job
- EY will not be responsible of anything

I replied the email, but he gave me a 2nd call and argued again few days later.
He said that:
- I'm incompetent leader
- EY members wont corporate with me
- Anything pertaining to his members, I should go through him
- Although EY is allocated fund for food but he wont sponsor the event
- He asked me to prepare agenda, to get timekeeper, to order food but for name sake the club will be the host.
- I told him to pull out but he was reluctant.

Followed with another spam of email to everyone by him to tarnish my name. He said that I couldn't get accurate figure of the attendees although I got the rough number and also he doesn't like my back up plans.

I have told him that I'm the organising chair but he said that he is the President of the club (He has been the president for 5 time in 10years and also 2 consecutive times as Area Governor). He wanted to take charge of everything and never respect the organising chair.

Then, I just asked the other Presidents wheter we should boycott them or not, some said the want to boycott BUT some realising his attitude said just include them this round and it wont be nice to boycott people in Toastmasters.

Thus I continued my job and i received support from other club members and their willingness to help me.

The DDay came, I ordered food for 50people though he told me that 68 people are coming. But some stupid things he did during the meeting:

1. There were only 12 people although he told there will be 24 of them.
2. Total people present were only less than 45 compared to his 68.
3. He told me to find timer at last moment as their members are already loaded with jobs (childish excuse)
4. Div B Governor, could not make it, she told the "R Faktor" and that idiot went and did the opening speech without communicating with me.
5. He ask me to break for dinner earlier but I went and clarified with the tea lady and they said no hurry.
6. He just gave empty promises of being good host. Over promising, under delivering.

But I feel satisfied that I manage to go through the hassle with this idiot and he realise that I'm not loser. Nest year no more joint meeting with EY. Unless, R faktor get lost somewhere. That feller dont even know how to do proper club accounts and minutes. Cant speak properly but call himslef as DTM.

No comments: