Saturday, April 25, 2009

Kuching Convention - 17th till 19th Apr'09

Kuching International Airport
Me and Idris Jala

The hotel that I stayed


Kuching Landmark

Temple in Kuching




My first ever trip to state of Sarawak.
I was really eager to go for the trip as I needed a break from my hactic work. I knew I wont have much time at to look around since the convention will eat up most of my time.
Since my wife followed me along, we tought of going around Kiching at evening before dinner, but it was raining like cats and dogs.
I went to a restraunt to buy hot milo. The shopkeeper gave me the milo in the mil tin. Thats how they "bungkus" hot drink.
On 2nd day evening, we went to the only Hindi temple at Kuching but it was closed. So I went the next day morning.
The best part was night life of Kuching. I sneaked into several pubs and realised mosdt of them were school children. These children are really spoil brats.
The main highlight was the speech by Idris Jala, CEO of MAS. He gave a inspiring speech which not many CEO could do.
The city was quiet as most of them practices slow lifestyle. theer weer no traffic Jam, nobody rushed for anything and people really enjoy the living.
On final day, I went shopping and bought some nice stuffs.
Things that you should buy:
1. Slice colourful cake
2.Pepper
3.Woodwork
4.Puah Kumbu (Shall)

No comments: