Monday, September 12, 2011

Run For It - 11 Sept

When the world is celebrating the 10th anniversary of "9-11", I was at Klang to run. This was the run to test my stamina and fitness level after back from injury and flu bug.

On Saturday night, I had to attend my running friend's wedding dinner (Suresh). So, I whacked chicken and mutton there.

As the run clashed with Taiping and Solomon, the turnout was lesser, yet good runners were still there. My target was to get top20. When I started the race, I followed Alam Shah for the 1st 3km and thought I can pace him. After that, he started to increase his power and left me. The route was generally flat except for 2 overhead bridge.

I was following another triathlete for the next 2km, then he slowed down, so I over took him and after the 1st water station, I was left alone. That slowed my pace as the guy in from was around 200m gap.

Furthermore, my "back" started to feel hot which was due to the chicken and mutton which I ate during the dinner.

At final 3km, one of the Klang runner came from behind and paced me. That, increased my running pace and momentum and even overtook the guy whom was 200m away from me. Then, he also got tired, but I manage to pace with the 6km runners.

When I saw Jalan Tengku Kelana, I knew It's just around the corner for finishing, so i increased my pace and never bothered abt the people behind me and just headed to finishing lane.

My timing was 55:26:24 with position of 2o. Two years a go I did 14 seconds better.

My next race will be Pudu Charity Run. Definitely, will aim to do better as it's my usual 7km route in KL.

No comments: