Sunday, September 25, 2011

My School - SMK Maxwell

I went to SMK Maxwell for my form 6. This school is located at strategic location which is:
1. near to Jln Ipoh
2. 1km away from Chow Kit
3. Infront of MIC
4. Nearby to UMNO
5. 1k away to The Mall
6. Near Balai Polis Sentul

The building will look similar to Bangunan Sultan Abdul Samad (former high court). The school was actually known for its gangsterism, fights and student crime.

But all this started to detirorate since I left the school. Now it became the "examplary school". This the news I got from The Star, 25 Sept:


"The Education Ministry has selected SMK Maxwell as a co-curriculum benchmark for the Federal Territory.

Deputy Information, Communications and Culture Minister Datuk Maglin Dennis D'Cruz said this followed the success of the school in achieving numerous successes in sports at state and national levels. The school has excelled, among others, in hockey and badminton.

He also suggested that the school be turned into a national heritage"


Atleast now I'm proud to say that I was a Maxwellian.

No comments: