Sunday, September 25, 2011

PUDU Charity Run - 25 Sept

I was suppose to go for Siemens run, but the registration was closed, so I opted for this race. I wanted to test myself if I have recovered from my RAT RACE. When I reached there, I saw few people and not many good runners as most of them went to Siemens Run and Taiping.

Then I saw Ronnie and few school boys and knew that top 5 maybe difficult but top 10 is on hand. There were confusion saying that prizes are only for top5 and some said top 10.

Since the distance is only 7km, thus it's expected to be hilly. When the race started, it was already hilly. I tried to follow Ronnie for the 1st km but later, I had to follow my pace to ensure I finish at respectable position.


I was at 5th position when I went Bank Negara, then overtook the 4th place guy and maintained 4th position till mid of the hill. Then I realised, 1 white guy was pacing me behind and pressurising me. I gave him chance to overtake me and he just sprinted for 100M and went away from me.

Upon then, I was alone as there were nobody behind me as far as I can see. I kept my energy to overtake the white guy towards finishing. My expectation was wrong where I thought we will go through the "Tugu Negara" but instead we went straight to JKR and finished the race at Padang merbok.

I finished 5th with timing of 32:32.49.
At least I'm happy to finish in top10 again since Bareno Run.

No comments: