Monday, October 1, 2012

PJ Half Marathon - 30 Sept'12

It was my 3rd run for the year. I wanted to take it easy so I registered for 7km. It was also a race where I started and finished in dark.

As the race started I was stuck in the middle of the group, thus slowly I had to move away from the group. The route headed towards LDP and Taman Sea(part of it) and back to PJ stadium through MAS academy.

Noted that certain places there were no street lights. Just wonder if its the central government's ploy. The route was mixture of flat and slight high slope. The one I hated was the "U-Turn", which sometimes demotivates you when you see to many people running ahead of you.

Upon reaching KG SAS, I though, it was going to finish, until, they route to MAS academy and go through the lake before finishing it at Stadium.

After midway mark, I didn't allow anyone to overtake me and just maintained the pace. Upon reaching the lake, I knew its just few meters way from the Stadium, thus I started to increase the pace. This made me to overtake few pelathons. Upon stepping into the track, allot of them were struggling with the surface, which gave me the advantage to stride and overtake 4 to 5 runners.

Upon reaching the final 100, I heard someone trying to overtake me which made me to sprint till finishing.

My timing was 37:41. Great start for a comeback.

I was back home by 7.45am, the earliest so far.

Next race will be Pacesetters 30km Run followed by Great Eastern Run on 4 November.

No comments: