Sunday, February 23, 2014

MATIC ICE Run - 23 Feb'14

My 2nd race for the year. After good opening last week, I wanted to maintain the momentum this week. As the route covers part of Rat Race route, I knew it's going to be challenge with indirect slopes and humidity.

The race started 15 minutes late. The starting point was inside car park, where we need to run towards the entrance and come out to main road. It was a bit dis-organised and clumsy upon start, as it became a bottle neck at the entrance gate.

The men toilet was changed to unisex because other toilets were locked. Something, they should seriously improve. I had to go to Renaissance hotel to do my business. At least it was a good warm up for me.

As the race started, I maintained in the front group, so that i can break away from slow runners. Even at 1st km, there were already slopes towards KL tower. Then, I realized i was pushing that makes my throat to be dried. As we came to Pavilion area, there was a water station with 100+.

After Jalan Tun Razak, we went through Smart tunnel, which was like microwave oven. There was another water station after that with 100+. Thus, for a 10km race 2 water station was good enough.

As we went through Jln Yap Kwan Seng, I thought the race is going to finish, but they ask us to go straight, which goes towards KL convention center. Perhaps to cover the distance, we had to go through Pavilion, on other side, then come through Beach club road.

I started to push myself as I reached KLCC, as it was less than 1km to finish. With this push, I manage to overtake 2 runners and finished it with style.

My timing was 46:27. Target was below 50mins. 

No comments: