Sunday, June 16, 2013

Tanggathon Batu Caves - 16 June'13

Finally I competed in my maiden Batu Caves Tanggathon. It was postponed due to GE-13. It's my 1st of 3 races in June.

I was there 1 and half hour early at the location. Saw the officials setting up the booth. Slowly, I started my warm up. As its my warm up race, I took it easily.

As the race started, the route was flat, the middle point was a U-Turn, but some tried to go for short cut. Perhaps, there could be another ribbon given at that point. I'm glad that the official shouted "If you people want to cheat, why take part in race, just go and buy the medal."

After te U-turn, I thought the route could be straight but, the turned the route into industrial area. It was good that they had 2 water station, but both were isotonic drinks.

As I reached the Entrance of batu caves, 1st 2 level was fast, but thereafter it became a nightmare for me. My thigh was heavy. I could just go on normal walking pace till the final level until a girl from behind chase me till the finishing lane.

I liked the medal for the amount we paid compared to luxury runs which gives crap medals.

Next race is Olympic Day run on 23 June.

No comments: