Monday, November 15, 2010

Long Run @ 14 Nov

It has been a month since I went for long run. Thus, I forced myself to wake up early to get back to training. As part of Penang Bridge Run training, I joined the other pacemakers.

As we started, I followed from the back with Stanley. Then I realised the group was getting faster which was lead by Poh Chye, followed by Ronnie,Kenny and Michelle.

However, I maintained 100M gap between them and went on with the pace. Upon reaching IRB, the pace increased and the gap widened to 400M. I didn't bothered abt it. As i reached Hartamas square, realised, Po Chye was left alone, so I caught him and reached the pit stop together with timing for 50minutes.

After 5minutes break, journey continued and this time, I let the rest to move first and followed them behind. Upon reaching, Stadium Tun Razak, Kenny, Ronnie & stanley just pushed their turbo and broke away from the group. This leaves me, Poh Chye and Michele to pace each other.

After Tijani hills, I had no other choice but to increase my pace, thus left Michlee, Poh Chye and other runners behind to catch up with the front group. As I reached Bank Negara, I could see Stanley in front of me at Bank rakyat abt 150M. It's do or die mission, so I just increased my pace and reaching at lake gardens entrance, I overtook him and went on till the finishing line.

What a great finishing with timing of 1:38 for 20km.

Will carry on with light training for the rest of the week before heading to pearl of orient.

No comments: