Sunday, July 12, 2009

McDonalds Olympic Day Run 12 July'09

The gisft of my harwork
The shoe that made me to move forward

The previous olympic run was during 2004 where I finished out of top 100 and came back empty handed. This time I told myself that I need to redeem my pride.
I heard that Choi (Running shoe marketer) is having FREE shoe trial at Bkt Aman. It's a new brand called "Newton". Therefore, I made use of the chance to try out the shoe and went there early. Luckyly, my size was available. When I wear that shoe, I had the confortable feelings.
The race begun, I was stuck in between, so I had to come out from the big group. I saw Amutha in front of me, I paced her for 2km, then I realised, she was going slow, so I went on my own. On my way I overtook Stanley, Teck Sin and Guna.
As the way was challenging with hills at Bkt Tunku, I had to manage my pace and not to push too much. When I reached the Parlimen, I knew that it's only 2.5km to finishing. So, I increased my pace and manage to overtake a big group of people.
Reaching towards Bank Rakyat, I realised there was a Kenyan Lady running in fornt of me. I overtook her too to make it a sweet finishing. I was placed 29th and my timimng was 31minutes and 41 seconds.
I realised that the shoe supported my running and enhanced my speed towards the final 2.5km. The shoe was light, flexible and breating.
My next race would be Siemens Run which will be for 10km. Hope I can do my season best there.


No comments: